Since I’ve started to branch out and make a web based / mobile game, this page now includes two sections. The first is for web based / mobile games, the second, for download games. Note that the mobile and web based games I have that work in the browser are overall much less complicated than the download games.
Online, browser games that also work on mobile / tablet devices:
Crush on Candy, my first complete web based game, published in November, 2016. A short date night scenario where you play a heterosexual male and enjoy the multiple animations and finish from a first person perspective.
The Swordsman’s Journey. It’s rendered in 3delight, rather than Iray as the download games are. To give it a walk through (unfinished, mostly online to see how it works as it’s made in Tyrannobuilder) visit this page.
Desktop, download games that work on Mac, PC and Linux:
Coffee Shop Encounter, a seven week lesbian themed dating sim. Features two women in a few scenes and some animation. Get the game and read more here.
The Handyman’s Wish, a short, one afternoon encounter with the same model as Steve in Superspy Steve. My shortest game.
Superspy Steve, a 28 day dating sim / adult RPG is my longest, with five characters to meet, over a dozen animations and five unique endings. Game completed in September, 2016. Read more about Superspy Steve here.
The Princess of Persia, a very early work in progress. The initial playable demo and first lesbian animation is available to supporters on Patreon. Read more about the game and see initial artwork here.
Tools and technology used
For download games, I learned enough Ren’py to do what I want and really, really appreciate the capability of this platform. If they ever did a web based export of the tool, it would rival Unity or Unreal for the larger chunk of the gaming market, I am certain.
Generally, I use the following when making games:
- Adobe Photoshop (export to video from Daz3d, some filtering, other)
- Textwrangler (on Mac) – text editor, because you need at least one, and on Windows, Notepad++.
- Daz3d – it’s free, the default content will help you learn and it’s enabled me to do amazing things. More important people have done even more incredible stuff.
- Sound effects from Freesound.org, at present, only in Crush on Candy but depending on feedback may use more effects like this in the future.
- Other stuff too, but, those are the more important bits.